Content Submission Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in submitting proposed content for the second edition of The Clintonian Political Terms, a dictionary for the political world, good vs. liberal.
Your submission via this web site is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. This web site is owned and operated by The Clintonian Institute (“TCI”), and is designed to streamline the submission of new Political Terms with definitions (“Political Term”) for timely publication in the second and all subsequent editions and version of The Clintonian Political Terms (hereinafter “Work”).
2. In consideration of your payment of the submission fee (“Fee”) set forth on the Fee schedule of this web site at the time of your submission, TCI will review and consider whether to include your Political Term and definition in the Work. TCI will donate half of the net amount actually received by TCI from all Fees paid via this web site to one of the charitable organizations identified on the Charitable Organizations page of this web site. You may select the charitable organization to receive the share of your Fee at the time of your submission. Otherwise, TCI will select the charitable organization in its sole discretion. All Fees actually received will be held in a common account and contributions to the charitable organizations will be made every thirty (30) days provided the amount payable to the selected charitable organization is at least twenty-five United States dollars (USD $25.00). If no one charitable organization has been designated to receive at least USD $25.00 in any given month, then TCI may, in its discretion, make one donation of all available funds to a single charitable organization identified on the Charitable Organization page for that particular month.
3. By submitting a Political Term using this web site, you hereby irrevocably grant to TCI, its successors and assigns, a perpetual, nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free right: to compile, reproduce, publish, transmit, and otherwise distribute the submitted Political Term, including, without limitation, in the second and all subsequent editions and versions of the Work, dictionaries, collections, databases, collective and complied works, or any one or more of them, in print, electronic, and all other forms of media, whether now known or hereafter developed; to permit others to do the same; and to use or not use, your name, likeness, and professional credits in connection therewith.
4. You hereby warrant and represent that: (a) unless otherwise indicated by you in this submission, you conceived of the idea for the submitted Political Term and that it has not been previously published; and (b) the submitted Political Term does not contain anything that infringes or otherwise violates any copyright, trade secret, patent, confidentiality or other nondisclosure obligations, or any other personal or proprietary right of any person or entity. You agree to indemnify and defend TCI, its directors, officers, and employees, and all sponsors of and contributors to TCI and the Work, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies or organizations, and their respective directors, officers, employees, licensees, and agents from and against any claim inconsistent with your warranties and representations contained herein.
5. Timely submission of a Political Term does not obligate TCI, any other designated publisher, or any TCI sponsor or publisher, to publish the Political Term. Political Terms may or may not be reviewed using an automated review system, and they may or may not be altered, edited, modified and revised, prior to publication, in TCI’s sole discretion. TCI will have the right to revise, edit, and create new Political Terms or new definitions of submitted Political Terms, without any obligation to you. Any decision to publish the submitted Political Term will not waive or otherwise affect your warranties, representations, indemnity, or other obligations hereunder. TCI will not be obligated to advise you of its decision to reject, include, or otherwise use the Political Term you submit via this web site.
6. The law of the State of Maryland will govern this Agreement. You and TCI hereby agree that the provisions of the Maryland Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act will not apply to this Agreement. The sole and exclusive venue for all claims arising under or related to this Agreement will be the applicable federal or state court in the State of Maryland, USA. THIS WEB SITE IS OFFERED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND BY TCI, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, BUSINESS PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR AGENTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TCI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY AS TO TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELECTING ANY POLITICAL TERM YOU SUBMIT VIA THIS WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITNG THE FOREGOING, TCI MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THIS WEB SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER FAILURES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL TCI BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR COVER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TCI’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED IN THE AGGREGATE TO YOUR DIRECT DAMAGES NOT TO EXCEED TCI’S SHARE OF THE FEES YOU PAID TO TCI. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILTY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL TCI BE LIABLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THIS WEB SITE THAT VIOLATES ANY LAW, INCLUDING ANY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL STATUTE OR REGULATION ANYWHERE. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and TCI pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between you and TCI with respect thereto.